– Received certificate of completion for Quantitative Real-Time PCR protocol and diagnosis from Kansas State University.
– Received certificate of completion for RNA sequencing and gene expression analysis from Kansas State University.
– Awarded the Reginald H. Painter Memorial Scholarship for exceptional scholastic and research-based achievements.
– Awarded the Kansas State University chapter of Sigma Xi’s Grants-In-Aid-of-Research (GIAR) for submitted research proposal.
Featured on KSDB 91.9 FM Wildcat Radio’s “What’s Happening in Your World” discussing the Sigma Xi GIAR award and science in general (click here to listen)
– Accepted a GRA position at Kansas State University, Department of Entomology
Pursuit of Ph.D. in entomology
– Recipient of the Timothy R. Donoghue Graduate Scholarship.
– Successful Thesis Defense – Temporal Variation at Microsatellite Loci in Wild-Caught Drosophila simulans.
– Commencement: Received M.S. in Biology from Saint Joseph’s University
Recipient of the Biology Graduate Student Award
Inducted into Alpha Epsilon Lambda – The Graduate Students Honor Society
– Appeared in SJU Intellect Magazine, Spring 2014: Dangerous Invaders: Researchers Embark on Study of Asian Fruit Fly
A magazine article discussing the recent migration of Drosophila suzukii and the multiple studies at Saint Joseph’s University aimed to better understand this invasive pest.
– Appeared in MAJR Magazine: How My Major is Making a Difference.
An article in the Spring, 2014 edition of MAJR Magazine concerning community outreach, and the GeoKids LINKS program, at Saint Joseph’s University.
An article concerning a collaborative, multi-faceted research effort at Saint Joseph’s University to study Drosophila suzukii – a new, invasive fruit fly pest in Pennsylvania.
– Appeared in Look Who’s Going Back to School (May have to reload once after clicking)
An article in SJU Magazine’s Fall 2010 edition highlighting returning students and their stories. (See page 16)